With the advance of modern technologies, more and more solutions are available for all sorts of dental problems. Even if the teeth feel normal, it is important to attend regular dental check-ups to keep the teeth clean and prevent plaque from building up.
The number of visits needed at the dental clinic in W1 varies from person to person. It can range from every 3-24 months. When the patient attends their check-up at practices such as Harley Street Dental Clinic, their dentist will schedule in when they need to see them again and give advice on how to maintain good oral health until then.
Missing teeth can be uncomfortable and unsightly. Luckily there are a range of ways to fill the gap in people’s teeth and restore confidence:
- Dental implants: titanium screws are placed in the jawbone, and act as the root of the tooth where the new tooth can be fixed;
- Dentures: a removeable appliance to replace missing teeth;
- Bridges: a fixed solution to replace one or more teeth by joining an artificial tooth to adjacent teeth.
There are also many ways that the dentist can straighten smiles, these include:
- Invisalign: clear aligners that are custom made to straighten up misaligned teeth, a good option for those who feel self-conscious in braces;
- Lingual braces: work as traditional braces, but are placed on the back of teeth;
- Clear braces: also function like traditional braces, but they are made to match the colour of the teeth;
- Veneers: shells, usually made from porcelain, that attach to the teeth to cover unsightly miscoloured or crooked teeth.
Along with veneers, broken teeth can be fixed by crowns. These fit over the remaining part of the tooth. They are made to match in colour and improve the aesthetics and functionality of the teeth.
Alongside all restorative treatments, people may simply want to enhance their smile through cosmetic dentistry, these treatments include:
- Teeth whitening
- Gum lift
- Cosmetic bonding
- Smile makeovers.
The range of options available today can be overwhelming, however, during the consultation at the dental clinic in W1, the dentist can advise on the best option for their patient.